Iam prepared for everything !
Today, my target is simple: buy medicines for my mother.
But my salary hasn't come yet. I am trying to figure out: How will i achieve my target?
These are the personal battles that rarely appear on a résumé, a LinkedIn profile, or behind a professional title.
Earlier this week, I came home early from office. Some people assumed I had come home because I was bleeding. I dont bleed for just 5 days a month, I bleed all 30 days.
I had to come home because someone was waiting with the cash I needed to pay my health insurance premium. Wednesday was the last day. If I hadn't paid it, my policy would have expired.
I live in Hebbal - The Political Area.
And yes, there is another interesting reality here. Black money doesn't come with a UPI option. 😂
It is usually handed over to the borrower in good old-fashioned cash. No bank transfer, no CIBIL score, no automated reminders!
And if you don't pay it back with high interest rate, let's just say the collection process is very different from what banks teach us. A police complaint or CIBIL score isn't exactly the concern here — you might simply have some very unhappy visitors at your doorstep.
I've been navigating this reality for quite some time now. I've even learnt applying a little Kung Fu along the way which i have learnt in Singapore.
So, Wednesday was my insurance premium payment deadline, and my priority was simple: pay the premium, keep the policy alive.
That is the part of my life people don't see.
My early-morning target is simple: make sure I spend no more than ₹300 to get to the office. That’s why I leave home early. My food budget is another ₹200.And on a rainy day, even that changes — it becomes ₹100, because getting back home in the rain can cost significantly more.
I’m waiting to secure a permanent job before hiring a cook. My mother has recovered from her surgery and is now able to cook, but I don’t feel it is fair to expect her to cook for me every day.
Yes i have a target for every one hour.
That’s what “living on the edge” sometimes looks like — not recklessness, but carefully calculating every step so you can keep moving forward.
But I am still here.
Still navigating.
Still navigating.
Still building my life.
And perhaps that, too, is resilience.
Even if I fail in the next 23 days.
Even if my contract ends and this job comes to an end.
Even if I don't achieve every target that is set for me...
I will not cry.
Because failure does not mean I have gone backwards.
I showed up.
I took the risk.
I kept moving despite the uncertainty.
I learned. I fought. I grew.
And most importantly—
I am moving forward.
Maybe the destination will change.
Maybe the timeline will change.
Maybe the plan will change.
But i will keep moving forward !
But I won't stop.
Because sometimes, the greatest victory is not achieving every target.
It is refusing to turn back.
It is continuing to move forward.
By December 31, 2026, I want to eat Oreo ice cream with someone special — preferably with a little romance on the side. 🍦😉
After all, I’ve been a virgin long enough.
So, 2026, please don’t make me carry this target into 2027! 😂❤️


.jpg)
Comments