An award that many of you may believe I'm not eligible for.
Yet, I'll receive it anyway.
The recognition has been conferred under the DEI (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) category.
Whether people agree with it or not, I'll accept it with humility and gratitude.
Because to me, this award is not about a category.
It is about surviving.
Eighteen years ago, I lost my father. Since then, I have lived independently.
Then, somewhere along the journey, my professional achievements became less important than my personal life.
Iam never married.
I have no children.
Iam a Virgin.
The irony is that when a financially secure, separated woman does a drink with a man, she is often admired for living life on her own terms.
When a single woman with low bank balance does it, her intentions and character is questioned.
That isn't equality.
It's a double standard.
That isn't about understanding.
It's bias and judgement.
It reminded me of Pink, where Minal's dignity is questioned simply because she says "yes" to a conversation and a drink.
It took years for me to heal.
Your bank balance does not define your character.
Maybe.
Failure has been part of my journey since 2018.
So has resilience.
If one opportunity ends, I'll build another.
I've done it before, and I'll do it again.
So don't wait for my failure.
I've survived far worse than failure.
...will now stand on a stage in the capital of India to receive an award for her professional journey.
Because after everything life has thrown at me...
I've earned the right to celebrate this moment.
Happiness is in eating Ice Cream !





Comments