The Story Behind The Buddha Bowl !

Lets explore The Buddha Bowl !

While in Japan and Singapore i survived on Buddha Bowl !
Despite being a  Vegetarian my dietary preferences  shift when iam outside of India, where i consume  Beef / Pork / Chicken / Octopus / Fish and Duck.

Photo clicked by me : This was my lunch meal every day !
I ate chicken 30 times a month because chicken was Vegetarian in Japan !




Photo clicked by me : This was my dinner meal every day !
Some days Fruits and Some days Vegetables ; Mostly i chose Fruits !
I ate this 30 times a month for Dinner !





In Japan 99% of the time food is served in a BOWL !
This BOWL is called THE BUDDHA BOWL !

This is how i look today ?
Do you believe that iam someone who ate chicken 30 times a month once upon a time !









The Secret of my Health is The Buddha Bowl !
I DON'T EAT MORE THAN ONE BOWL !





Siddhartha Gautama Buddha  was born in the Present day Nepal.
Siddhartha Gautama went in search of SELF - He wanted to REALISE HIS SELF AND GET ENLIGHTENED. But he was NOT SURE HOW ?

Siddhartha thought that when you become strong enough to beat the survival instinct (HUNGER FOR FOOD / SEX), you will realize SELF. So he started maintaining celibacy ; stopped eating and drinking and decided to walk, he became bones in a couple of weeks.
One day he walked near a River called as Niranjana, E
ven after beating the fundamental survival instinct called HUNGER ; Siddhartha still was not able to realize - SELF.
He sat down under a Bodhi Tree and closed his eyes and told HIM-SELF - "Iam closing my eyes, and when i open my eyes either"
1. Iam dead (or)
2. I realize MY SELF.

As Siddhartha closed his eyes he could feel his BREATH ; Immediately he opened his EYES and he saw the FULL MOON. That Moment ENLIGHTENED him.
BUDDHA Realized that :
BEATING HUNGER is not ENLIGTENMENT ;  
END OF CRAVING is ENLIGHTENMENT !

Buddha Introduced a BOWL and explained that this one BOWL should fulfill your HUNGER if it had the right contents in it !
If the BOWL does not have THE RIGHT CONTENTS - Even if you eat what is inside it  a 1000 times it will not SATISFY YOU.









Back to Now !
I refrain from consuming Non-Veg dishes in India, limiting myself to Eggs. The choice is deep rooted in my family's spiritual tradition, as my grand father was a  spiritual practitioner who took thousands of devotees to sabarimala temple to facilitate their experience of Tat-Tvam-Asi ; 
We uphold the tradition of abstaining from cooking Non-Veg meals in my kitchen, with the exception of eggs.

The Present Me. The Story Teller ! The Pure Vegetarian Me !
I consider Eggs as Vegetarian !

















True belonging, love and self worth are not GOODS ; We dont negotiate our SELF WORTH with the world. With all my FLAWS ; I believe that IAM WORTHY OF CONNECTION ; LOVE AND BELONGING.
My Stories Matter because I Matter ! 
Buddha Bowl is the secret behind my LOOKS !

The Story Teller !






Buddha Represents the SELF !
The SELF is a STORY TELLER - THE DIVINE !
The SELF is not a SLAVE OF HABITS !
When the SELF signals to STOP you must refrain from offering more FOOD to maintain SELF-RESPECT and wait for the SELF to become HUNGRY again !
If you feel dis-respected ; you must give up ! Hunger is a Natural Instinct and you cannot force someone to become HUNGRY when they are NOT !
Starting with FOOD as a foundation allows you to build this discipline on EVERYTHING else !
This is the story behind the BUDDHA BOWL !

Beating HUNGER is not ENLIGHTENMENT !
Beating CRAVING is ENLIGHTENMENT !





The SECRET of my LOOKS is THE BUDDHA BOWL !
Of course with one exception - I still eat EGGS ; Not just eat i also condition my hair with EGG YOLK.





The RIGHT CONTENTS of the BUDDHA BOWL according to BUDDHISM is VEGETARIAN FOOD.
I will try dropping EGGS from my BOWL however i cannot stop applying it on my HAIR !






Comments