Incredible Odisha - Bonda Tribe!

Iam back to fry your brains.
I dint expect to be writing so soon, as iam quiet busy with my studies and until the end of December 2018 iam going to be busy.

It was the 4th day in Odisha Forest .
I was in Malkangiri market .

Access to Malkangiri Bonda tribal areas - their houses are restricted due to the fact that Malkangiri  fall exactly at the point border of Chhattisgarh , Odisha and Andrapradesh and controlled by the Naxalites
A high alert is always sounded on the Malkangiri district to prevent the Maoist attack.
However you can meet tribes in the forest market where they come to sell their agricultural output




You find army everywhere inside the forest and also in the market.



The Bonda are an ancient tribe of people numbering approximately 12,000 who live in the isolated hill regions of the Malkangiri district of South-Western Orissa.

Lets explore the forested hills, rocks , rivers and lush valleys into the tribal territory of Odisha.
As I proceeded with the local spot guide – it became noisy and a strange sound was heard, it seemed like Naxalites were coming nearer and nearer. I was frozen to dead silence.

But i believe in  doing one thing that scares me in every adventure.
I went into the forest and deep inside the forest , i said loudly - "I LOVE YOU"
I could hear my sound energy , it travelled back to me after passing through the emptiness around the forest.
I heard my voice- echo / sound energy  for 4 times .

Energy can travel through emptiness . 99% of the universe is empty space.





By now I was sure that the Naxalites have seen us (me and local spot guide) death could come any time, minutes became hour but my heart told me - I wanted to meet a Maoist .

but fate is against me , i did not meet any of them.




Lost in the deep valley.

I had tried inspiring my siblings and friends for forest adventures, in fact there are a couple of male friends who i met on Kerala matrimony,  i tried inspiring them too for a forest adventure but nobody took my offer. 




Finally reached the market inside the Forest.
Bonda Tribes are semi-clothed
Mythology says when Sita was in the forest , the Bonda tribes chanced upon her while she was naked bathing inside the pond .Sita got angry and cursed the tribes  that all their life they will remain naked.

At home they are naked and outside there are dressed like this.






Bonda tribes have adopted the practice of charging money for each photograph




















They adorn themselves with jewellery in their ears and noses around neck wrist and ankles



Bonda Tribes are very friendly,
Life is short  and if there was ever a  moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to you , 
"THAT MOMENT IS NOW"





The speciality about Bonda culture is that women should always be older than her husband by 8-10 years.
Married women will have to shave their head regularly.































I believe that future is in the PRESENT MOMENT which means whatever i have to prove i will need to prove it now and there is no tomorrow. 
LIFE IS IN THE PRESENT MOMENT.

I have declared the FUTURE in the present moment -  "I WILL WIN" and my 
1. Heart 
2. Conscious Mind
3. Sub -Conscious Mind 
4. Un-Conscious Mind 

is preparing the facts , figures , data , charts , trends necessary for my VICTORY.

I survive on my own , i stand on my feet alone , i know i will not fall because I TRUST MYSELF , 
I TRUST MY HEART.









If i had to explain the survival drama i saw in my life -
1. People stop speaking to me , they are scared that they will lose something if they talk to me.
2. People did not support me for the fear of their survival - I am isolated
3. My close friends who i know for more than 2 years told me they can speak with me in an isolated place as they dont want to be seen with me.
4. People who greeted me and respected me once , dont even bother to see my face and say Hi.
5. People say you are shameless and still sticking around.
6. As because i was isolated , married men assumed that i need emotional support and they offered to go with me to outstations and trips - I had to reply that - "Brother i prefer travelling alone"





Ego is Material , when the negative energy hit your EGO , energy will  not travel any further and you  will break.

I saw all this drama and nothing really did have any impact on me because - "IAM EMPTY"

IAM NOT GIVING UP , IAM NOT QUITTING AND IAM NOT LEAVING.




It was my choice to live as a victor or victim. I chose to be a victor because i wanted to be happy.
I got time to continue my Hobbies - Painting and Sketching
I travelled a lot , i got a lot of time to spend with my Soul.
I started Yoga classes a month ago.

The drama i saw did not have any impact on me - because -"IAM EMPTY" 
I have completely removed all the material from my Body and Mind - Ego, Desires , Jealousy , Selfish , Greed etc.
All what i have with me is LOVE and my DREAMS.





Nothing is going to have an Impact on me. 








Bonda people drink rice wine in style.





Restoring my faith in humanity ,
I could not imagine how I fell in love with them












Throughout your life you cant be taking only safe routes - sometimes you have to take up something that is risky. Iam not Quitting , Iam not leaving - IAM NOT GIVING UP.

























Iam nothing , iam empty and all that you have given to me is coming back to you after travelling and passing through me just like the ECHO.

Dont limit your CHALLENGES , Challenge your LIMITS
NEVER GIVE UP .




My next post is on Lanjia Saora




Comments

Unknown said…
Hi 👋 Really liked your post ! Can you guide us how can we meet them ? I m doing a project on Bonda tribe ?
Sure , i can share with you the Tourist Guide's number and whats app details. This tourist guide lives in Orissa and he is very familiar with all kinds of tribes of Orissa , infact he could arrange for a night stay in the forest if you are interested.
Pls send me your email Id.